Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Goal has been reached!!

I have met my "big" weight loss goal! Now what? lol I need to maintain this weight as best I can. I know that fluctuating within 5 lbs is normal, and I am ok with that. I am aware that when I go back to MI in a few weeks that I won't be as conscious of what I eat (come on it's vacation!) and will probably gain a bit. These things don't bother me. It's returning to the point where I felt not so good about myself.

This was May of 2010. I had already lost about 30 lbs and was feeling so good that I could fit into my wranglers again. Of course they were a size 14...huh. Looking at this photo I remember feeling so much better, but no where near how I feel today!

Just took today! (Don't mind the blocks and mess the only full-length mirror is in my Son's room) I feel GREAT! I am now in a size 9 and haven't been here in YEARS! I only have two pairs of pants the fit me at the moment though.


Like I have mentioned before, ANYONE can do this! Three meals a day, healthy snacks, fruit, veggies, and portion control! If I miss breakfast, I constantly graze and go over my points allowance. Skipping meals has never been in my plan anyway, I love food too much, hehe.

Hang in there, those of you on this same path. Time is your friend! This took me two years, and that's ok (gave me some time to save money for new clothes, hehe). I now know I can stay this weight and still enjoy life. I never wanted my life to revolve around food, calories, restrictions, etc. I think about what I eat when I'm hungry, and some days I do fall off the wagon (especially when baking!). It's all part of it.

Most of all ENJOY LIFE!! Do something that makes you happy to help you lose the weight! Make sure you are satisfied with the way you are living, and LIVE!

"The only person who is with us our entire lives is ourselves...be alive while you are ALIVE!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment